Main preventive measures against COVID-19
In order to guarantee the safety of clients and workers, all ski resorts have received certification seals issued by international rating agencies for measures against COVID-19.
In the following, we have detailed the general measures which will be implemented at the ski resorts:
• Rapid antigen tests will be administered to the ski area personnel in order to guarantee the safety of the workers, as well as that of the tourists and visitors.
USE OF AN APPROVED MASK OR NECK COVER
The use of approved mask or neck cover will be mandatory:
• On lifts, in waiting areas and in the boarding areas of mechanical installations.
• In closed spaces, in buildings and in common areas, such as restaurants, schools, shops, etc. Removing the mask will only be permitted in the restaurant spaces, once seated at the table.
During the descent while skiing and snowboarding, wearing a mask will not be mandatory, although it is recommended.
The mandatory age to wear a mask will be mandated by the current decree established by the Andorran government. Currently, according to decree 10-28-2020, the mandatory age is from 8 years.
• In the case of clear, visible symptoms of COVID-19, the station will not be accessible.
• No capacity limitation is foreseen at the ski stations as skiing, snowboarding, ski mountaineering, etc. is considered an outdoor activities.
• Limited capacity in closed spaces will be implemented to guarantee the minimum safety distance.
• There will be soap dispensers or hydro-alcoholic gel for the hands at various access points and available to everyone.
• Cleaning, disinfection and continuous ventilation of common spaces and at all points of the station will be increased in frequency and diligence.
Open lifts (chairlifts and ski lifts)
• No capacity limitation for open and ventilated lifts.
Closed lifts (cabins)
• The capacity of the closed lifts will be subject to the regulations established by the Andorran government for public transport at all times.
• Special disinfection treatment for cabins: The stations will use specific disinfection systems to eliminate viruses and bacteria on the surfaces of the booths (photo/catalytic treatment and Hexis PUREZONE® antimicrobacterial vinyls).
• The ski schools have adapted their technical teaching protocols to guarantee the safety of clients and instructors.
• Capacity and age (3 to 6 years) will be limited at daycare.
•Restaurant menus will be in QR code format to avoid handling paper.
•It is recommended to make a reservation in advance for restaurants in order to avoid queues at the premises.
•Limited capacity in the restaurant spaces will be implemented to guarantee the minimum safety distance.
RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS
•The use of the ski station mobile apps will be promoted to minimize the handling of ski slope maps and informational materials on paper, as well as making reservations online for the different services of the ski stations.
•The online purchase and reservation of ski passes and station services is recommended to avoid going through ticket offices. Ticket sales and collection machines have been incorporated to reinforce self-purchases.
•Payment by credit card and contactless devices will be prioritized.
•The individual resorts have established their own policies and guarantees against COVID-19 for seasonal passes and for purchases of tourist packages. They can be consulted at each of the stations.